Saturday, May 29, 2004

Forgot the geese...

Now, our students are strictly forbiddent to touch fire arms...and so far so good despite many "they'll never know" temptations. Today, the three Sanikiluaq boys NOT OURS of course went off on skidoos to hunt a goose. And a goose they hunted. It sat on the Canadian Shield rock for the duration of the afternoon until we could bring it home. I was watching little kids play with it. They would expand its wings, poke its eyes and nostriles, pound on its chest to make it squawk ( that was brilliant). During this time I played with rocks and contemplated the golf potential. Everything is bog and rock Guy. You would have to drill little holes with TNT.

I'm beginning to get comments now and thanks to everybody who is saying hello and sending greetings and advice. Keep it coming. And I'm the only one writing this blog because Brian only wants to sleep all the time (I wonder why..........) and it's my password. But I'll pass on all the greetings and encourage him to start his own. Cheers. Leslie

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What an exciting time you are having! I can't wait to see you when you come to Ottawa. You'll have to visit "home on the range" and show me those photos you've taken, and videos. Great stuff!

Anonymous

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,

This is so fascinating. I am really impressed -- eating raw seal? Keep up the blogging; can't wait for the next instalment and especially can't wait for the video.

Stay warm,
love Pam

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi leslie!

susan bond told me that you had a blog, so i thought i would check it out. sounds like you're having a grand time in nunavut! anyway, just thought i would say hi. you can check out my journal too if you like: www.livejournal.com/~clodia927

have fun! maree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home