Tuesday, January 01, 2013

There and, with luck, back again

Today is the day I leave for this trip.  The past couple of days have been a freaky combination of packing, planning, panicking, and printing.  I tried to get some quality time in with Nimue before I leave her...but...you know.

This afternoon a nice family moves in for the week to house-sit for me and  after that, an equally nice guy from Seattle settles in for almost the entire remainder of my time away.  The first need a place to stay during a kitchen reno, and the second is here for a clown course.   Thanks sublets for gypsies.  I hope the cat can handle the five-year old.

I am ready for the -15 degree weather of Beijing and the 32 degree weather of southern Bangkok.  Bring it on.  I am ready to go without coffee for a while, eat congee, fish, and fruit, and finally see Sarah Lamb on stage. 

Goodbye to Nimue.  Next time you hear from me, I'll be in Beijing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home