Monday, August 22, 2005

Last few hours in Amsterdam

This morning was a lazy morning and I spent most of it reading. After eating some lunch I biked to Rachels school. It was a beautiful 40 minute ride that follows a canal and passes a goat farm and ends in a sweet little village called Amstelveen. The houses there are huge and with massive windows but somehow typically dutch. The entire route had a lane for a bicyle. Even though I don't start work for two weeks I still got that FEELING walking through the place. It is more or less circular with two stories. All of he rooms and common areas are geometric shapes and there are almost no right angles anywhere. I peeked into the chemistry rooms and saw that there are only about sixteen students in those senior classes (IB curriculum). Everything is neat and tidy. I've also traded emails with the chemistry teacher and it will be neat to compare notes. Who knows. I also spent te better part of an hour helping Rachel re-decorate the bulletin boards in the grade 4 common area. I don't even like doing the bulletin boards that I use at school because it takes so long and I'd usually rather be doing some other work but I didn't mind doing it for her. Must fix us classrooms at Haig...

We then bikes home and I'm waiting for pizza for dinner before I go to the airport.

Oh, did I mention that yesterday Dana and I found a book fair and what did I buy? A Jet Li movie and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. People who know me will probably not be so surprised. The entire description is in Dutch and I don't think the movie is Dutch but we will see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home