Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Arrived in Amsterdam

Yesterday was a very long day of annoying travel from Cambridge to Amsterdam. I had to take the city bus into Cambridge and then sit on a National Express bus for two hours to get to Heathrow, take the train to terminal 4, and then check in. In Heathrow's defence, they are busy constructing terminal 5 and the bus station is also being renovated so this explains some of the chaos that I encountered when I first got here. I got to the airport so early that I was walking around for hours before I even found out where my gate was.

Rachel and Pieter are doing very very well. They have this great big place in a suburb of Amsterdam called Osdorp. Today we are going into town for a little shopping and sight-seeing. So I'll sign off now and write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home