Sunday, July 20, 2008

These bad boys are catalogue only

After Saturday's big day into La-La Land, yesterday was relatively quiet. I stayed in my room all morning working on lesson plans in order to make this week less stressful. It seems to have worked so far even though I am only 7 hours into this work week.
Anyway, in the afternoon I met up with a few of the others and we went for a foot massage/back massage. I have had a few down-to-business massages in my day and this one was by far the most painful experience of my entire life. It was like she found every single knot in my calves and shoulders and tried to rip them out with her fingers. Kind of stiff this morning and I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.
We then took the subway out to Tung Chung because one guy has a cousin who lives in one of the condos out there. It is at the end of one of the subway lines and then there is a private shuttle to take us to the complex. I felt like I was in Florida. Beautiful palm trees, courtyards, a restaurant and a pool the size Luxembourg. But all this paled in beauty to the actual mountains. There are dozens of giant high rises (60 stories +) all in one little place nestled between the little mountains up there. Our friend's condo is on the 53rd floor and it was all quite breathtaking. We spent the evening in the swimming pool and it was relatively quiet and a great getaway after the bustle of Hong Kong. A large proportion of foreigners seem to live out there. It is the urban sprawl of Hong Kong.
Afterwards we went to the shopping mall there at the edge of the world and it is full of outlets. I bought a pair of Puma shoes and a sports bag for when my duffel bag breaks. All in all a great Sunday. Unfortunately my camera had no battery life so no pictures this time around.
All the best,
Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home